††† ||The "GABETULA" files|| †††

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle... who subdues people under me." - Psalms 144:1-3

Friday, August 11, 2006

The past 2 days of my life..

Oh well... its been 2days since i posted, to whoever can be considered my avid reader(i think none lol.) sorry this is what happened in my martial life the past 2days...


Wednesday training AKA JKD training AKA National Day. Well I promised my family i'll spend the day with them and I did! What a filial boy aint I(sadly we used to spend the whole day and night together)...

So anyway during JKD I approached Sifu regarding my questions and doubts that I had during the boxing lesson I had on tuesday(incase you're wondering since when I started boxing...pls see the below thread for boxing) . Oh yes, I managed to clarify all my doubts and questions with Sifu.

Lets see what questions I asked Sifu:

Qns: Sifu, how do I practise JKD on boxing padwork it seems almost impossible since in JKD the goal is to stop the opponent(if possible) at the very first punch. Since we don't have the 'fast' combinations and we don't have a 'jab punch' how do we as a JKD person actually do fast padwork?

Ans: Exactly, we cant. Fast padwork designed by boxing IS meant for boxing. So what you can actually do is just do what they ask you to do but use JKD wherever possible(vertical/diagonal instead of horizonal jab) . Since the benefits of boxing in your case would be to develop the fighting stamina and strength.

Qns: Sifu, what about footwork I noticed I cant use distance training since we are required to be directly infront of the pads?

Ans: Exactly, you were supposed to be doing it from the 'In-fighting stance'.

----
So well, that is what went on during our conversation. I guess that the benefits of boxing would let me increase level(lol dragonball) leapts and bounds in terms of overall conditioning/stamina building and power building however I will have to be careful not to accidentally change my style or habits and then no longer be a 'JKD person' since I would be training in boxing under boxers(not underwear la) and doing what boxers(or thongs =P) would do. Pretty hard eh?

Ok Im done with 1 day now to yesterday's training, Judo.

It has REALLY been a long time since I REALLY trained and this week really killed me suddenly leaping from 0 training back to 'when I was close to my peak training'. My muscles absolutely cannot take it and that was proven when I woke up yesterday all sore and shagged out(and I did remember to take my fail-proof supplements) and thinking whether I should go to Katong Judo or not,which for a period of time was the 'most tiring training I ever attended' but I figured if I dont start now, I will never start so I just went anyway. See how far I can push my limits!

So yes, I attended the training and yes, I officially 'died to resurrect just to die' once again. I cant feel my forearms, my upper lats(thanks Mark for that perfect description of the muscle we couldnt figure describe lol), my thighs feel numb and yes my shoulders are still sore from Tuesday.

I realised how much technique I have lost from 'lack of practise the past whole month'. It so bad that im practically left with The guard(in grappling lol Lay and Pray) and Morote Seoinage(Standup). So bad that even my Sensei mentioned Im no good. Don't worry I will train hard once again and not let anyone or myself down.

Here is the 1 phrase that has motivated me to go on whenever I cannot make it already.
The Indomitable Warrior Spirit - 'Bushi Damashi' and also the meaning of my name which is †God is my strength!†

Hope they may work on you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home