††† ||The "GABETULA" files|| †††

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle... who subdues people under me." - Psalms 144:1-3

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

MMA and Tony Bonello!

Alot of ppl are jumping into the MMA bandwagon and MMA is getting more popular! This is good news! Especially after today's Channel 5 feature on the sport of MMA featuring the Contact Kinetics Gym, I believe there will definitely be tons of ppl who will be joining MMA. Soon there will be a huge growth in the sport and the Market shall be big!

KOTC is confirmed in 30Nov and I am proud to have been at the recent KOTC Tryouts(as a spectator though wont be participating till nxt year). The event saw MMA practitioners mainly from Contact Kinetics and MMA Academy and one ninjado practitioner from Kagega-ryu Ninjado. It was quite disappointing that out of the approximate 3 main gyms practising MMA in Singapore, only 2 took part in the competition. I hope that the market for MMA will grow and more gyms will pop up in the near future.

Anyway, I WAS AT THE SEMINAR WITH TONY BONELLO! I cant believe I actually got to talk to him in person. Not much but still did! haha. Dont Believe?

Here Photo proof:
Me, Tony Bonello, Sean


So who is this Tony bonello fella im so eager to talk about?

Not just any fella! He is the KOTC international 3x champion!
He has trained(and stayed) with the likes of Mario Sperry(vale tudo/mma/bjj), Roberto 'Hands Of Stone" Duran(boxing) and many more Famous champs throughout the world!

This guy is not only skilled, he has hell of a big heart. As some of you probably know, I saved $$ like crazy to afford the seminar which cost $100 and was preparing to be broke after the seminar. Guess what? After the seminar there was a pleasant surprise!

FULL REFUND!

Tony explained that there was a misunderstanding, he came to Singapore for fun and to see our martial arts scene not to earn $$ he just wants to help wherever he can. He then proceeded to refund us our $100! We could all see the grins on everybody's faces.. GOOD DEAL INDEED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home