††† ||The "GABETULA" files|| †††

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle... who subdues people under me." - Psalms 144:1-3

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bruce Lee's Advice for the Novice

Hi guys, below is a compilation of some of Bruce Lee's famous quotes in regards to fighting. It makes alot of sense to me and seems like most of what he says favours my style of fighting requiring me to be in a relaxed state of mind. Lastly, reading it helps keep me pumped up but at the same time calm and ready until this Saturday. Hope it helps you too!

In regards to Fighting:
-------------------------------
Do not be tense, just be ready, not thinking but not dreaming, not being set but being flexible. It is being "wholly" and quietly alive, aware and alert, ready for whatever may come.

The highest technique is to have no technique. My technique is a result of your technique; my movement is a result of your movement... One should not respond to circumstance with artificial and "wooden" prearrangement... In combat, spontaneity rules; rote performance of technique perishes.

In regards to fear in battle;losing and getting hurt:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.


-Bruce Lee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home