††† ||The "GABETULA" files|| †††

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle... who subdues people under me." - Psalms 144:1-3

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Recent happenings: John Will Machado Seminar and all...

Participants at John Will's Seminar

Ive been pretty inactive lately havent I? Let me tell you what I have been busy with these days...

Nothing much. Swim, Gym, Eat Ice Cream all day. What else can I do when my whole world's falling apart? Just kidding just my freedom taken away on the next FRIDAY THE 13TH. My head shall be bald and I shall embark on a new boring life. Hope I just get time out of camp for training and social life and I will be a HAPPY MAN!

Anyway, as the title says... yup I was at John Will Machado's RECENT SEMINAR IN SINGAPORE! LEARNT ALOT. All I can say, if I do ever want to take up BJJ it better be under John Will Down Under! He is the most systematic, complete teacher I have ever seen at least in terms of Grappling anyway.

It seemed to me during the seminar that there was nothing I could ask that he would not be confident of answering!

Top 10 Magic Unforgettable take aways from the seminar:

#1 - Always break posture of opponent in your guard.

#2 - Always go for 1 underhook 1st in 1/2guard.

#3 - All is FAR from lost in the 1/2guard

#4 - The koala bear 1/2guard sweep kicks ass!

#5 - The X-guard and its purpose

#6 - How to use the "big step" to set up the X-Guard.

#7 - UBER KEWL "shin kick take the back technique" from X-guard

#8 - How to do a proper armdrag

#9 - Watching John Will in action and how uber fast and just how good he is.

#10 - Of course as always, Photo with John Will. =P

There you go, picture evidence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home